Creativity is learning, experimenting, growing,
making mistakes, and having fun!
About Us (Celebrating our 12th Year!!)
Sew Sassy, LLC was founded in 2008. Students (ages 8+) learn in a fun environment where they will gain confidence, problem solving skills, and independence with each new sewing project.
Current Partnerships: Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan - Flint Service Center
Davison Community Enrichment & Recreation
- Introduction to Sewing (Child)
- Weekly Youth Sewing Classes (Children Ages 8 +) Join ANYTIME!
- Special Sewing Workshops
Note: Availability of classes may vary. Please check current schedule.
Students Will Learn
- Basic Hand Sewing Techniques
- Sewing Safety
- How to Operate a Sewing Machine & Iron
- Sewing Terms & Sewing Tools
- About Correct Fabric Sides and Selvages
- Pattern Layout
Provided to Students
- Use of Facilities and Machines
- Sewing Consumables & Tools (Thread, Pins, Needles, Measuring Tape, Seam Gauge, Marking Pencils, Scissors, etc.)
Note: Fabric for projects is not provided.